Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Yesterday and Hair Colour

So did I get done what I wanted to do yesterday before I went to work?

Yep!

Now to keep up the good work.... we'll see how long that lasts for. Positive aren't I?


When I last got my hair cut and coloured Alexander was amazed by the copper colour in my hair (which after a few washes turned a pretty cool pinky colour) and asked if we could colour his hair. I said 'of course' - as all sane parents of 8 year olds do.... and asked 'what colour?'

The answer???

Green.......

Unusual, but hey why not?

I did tell him he'd have to wait until school holidays - which have started this week - as I didn't think the school would like him going to school with green hair (or green tips anyway).

I went yesterday to buy green hair colour.... only to find that you can get it in hairspray type stuff - which is a bit scary to use when you just want to do streaks. I could get various shades of red, pink, blues and purples in 'Fudge' - which is kind of like a cream product. So I had to phone him at his Dad's and ask him what colour they (as Olivia wants hers done too)...

Red was the unanimous answer - and then I had to explain to their Dad what they were talking about. I think he was a bit unsure about what their crazy mother was doing - but was reassured somewhat when I told him that it will wash out (hopefully after about half a dozen washes).

So that will be our fun day this Friday! I will post pics for you to see the kids with red streaks... we could end up with a scene from Carrie though!

1 comment:

  1. Fudge is awesome! I used to dye my hair all sorts of colours when I was a teen. It's good they decided not to get the green though, that one stays in for ages. Just make sure you wear gloves and don't get it on the skin, cos it stains pretty badly! Bet they will be the envy of all their friends ;)

    ReplyDelete