Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mmmm... massage!

It's been faaaaar too long since my last massage.....

But finding a good masseuse is not that easy. I have a funny hip - and over time one side moves up and starting making walking hurt and giving me back aches.

The first guy I ever saw tried to tell me my hip problem was caused by my kidneys and I had to buy his herbal remedies to fix it - I don't think so!

The next lady was lovely, but she started to move into other remedial therapies too - hot stones, cupping.... and I wasn't getting a full massage - which is what I needed.

I then starting seeing another lady - on recommendation of my mother in law - and she was wonderful too.... But as I discovered the other week she has moved to the main land.... so that's no good either.

So last week I booked in with a reputable business in town. They cost a few $$ more than I usually pay. Today was my day for going in.

First off though - yesterday I got a reminder text message about my appointment. But I swear they got my time wrong - I rang and they said the same time that the text message had said - only half an hour out, but I wrote the time in my diary and was SURE I had the right time - but enough quibbling.

The girl who did my massage was lovely - figured out what was wrong with my hip within the first 10 seconds of me being on the table! Amazing!

The massage itself was wonderful! But the surroundings could have been more peaceful..... I was in the room right behind the front desk - and I could hear the phone ringing and people talking and laughing over the music being played in the room - kind of off putting...

But then came the pushy bit - she recommended that I come back next week for follow-up treatment of my leg - which she also seems to think we caught 'just in time' before it got 'really bad' - my leg's been like this for most of my life, and really noticeable for the last 4-5 years....

And then the sale of the product that she used on me - some spray that relaxes your muscles....

If she hadn't spoken very loudly to the lady at the front desk about booking in another appointment and the spray stuff that I might want - very unprofessional as far as I'm concerned.

So no next appointment booked, no spray stuff.... But I feel better :)

1 comment:

  1. It can be really tough to find a good massage therapist sometimes! Keep looking and one will turn up - hopefully without added spray-on bonuses next time :)

    ReplyDelete