Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Weekends Cooking Fun!

We combined Fun and Science in the kitchen!

Well the science part was making Honeycomb... we've made a volcano and watched the reaction when you added vinegar to bicarb soda before - so this was watching the same kind of reaction, but then we get the fun of eating the end result, rather than cleaning up the mess!

This was the end result - YUMMO!




Then more fun! We made some biscuits - they were supposed to be choc chip, but I discovered that the choc chips weren't chips they were melts - so they ended up going on top of the biscuits instead. I used a new biscuit recipe from here.



Then finally we made our own pasta! After having watched MasterChef the other night where they made their own pasta Alex suggested that it would be fun to make - so I dragged out the pasta maker and we made our own! More YUMMO!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE honeycomb! I have never attempted to make it myself though, but you've inspired me to give it a try. Yum!

    ReplyDelete