Thursday, June 25, 2009

Why Is It....

When it's sooooooo cold that any plans and motivation that you had, seems to vanish???

I wrote a list of things I would do today - no matter what the weather happened to be doing.

I have been known to sit on the couch all day and watch whatever dribble is on tv instead of doing anything resembling housework.

So the list that I wrote yesterday was:

* Change bed sheets and bathroom towels - and wash them.
* Clean out the kitty litter
* Fold and put away mountain of washing
* Put away magazine pile in loungeroom
* Vaccum house
* Mop tiled areas
* Wash car (depending on weather)
* Tidy lounge - put away the d@mn PS2 games that are on the floor and tidy up my knitting stuff.
* Finish off the current square I am knitting (when I finish this one only 2 to go!!)

So what HAVE I achieved so far?

* Change bed sheets and bathroom towels - and wash them.
YEP - well at least I've washed the towels. The sheets will have to wait as it's now raining and all the clothes horses are full.
* Clean out the kitty litter
YEP
* Fold and put away mountain of washing
Nope... That's still sitting here next to me - it will get done though...
* Put away magazine pile in loungeroom
YEP - all gone!!!
* Vaccum house
YEP
* Mop tiled areas
Nope - figured it's raining, DH's going to come home with dirty boots so it's a pointless exercise.
* Wash car (depending on weather)
Nope - it's raining.... pointless....
* Tidy lounge - put away the d@mn PS2 games that are on the floor and tidy up my knitting stuff.
YEP - Yay! We have our lounge back now! We can sit on the chairs!
* Finish off the current square I am knitting (when I finish this one only 2 to go!!)
Not yet - I'll finish that tonight while I'm watching Grey's Anatomy.


But I also have:
* Downloaded all the beautiful photo's my sister in law e-mailed me.... not a big thing you think? They're all about 5mb photos.... and we're slowed to dial-up speeds.... so a long slow process.
* Spoke to the nice man at the local council about the dog next door that never shuts up - even at 3am....
* Dishes are done - they just have to get out of the dishwasher now.

For once I'm happy with what I have achieved in a day (or half a day anyway).

1 comment:

  1. Crystal! Thanks so much for 'following' my strange little blog.

    This post made me laugh so much - I can totally relate to the half-finished list of random domestic stuff! Why is it that when the list is finally finished, a new list that's about three times as long takes its place? Something I will never understand!

    ReplyDelete