Friday, June 26, 2009

Blog This Challenge: The Dinner Party

The Dinner Party

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to plan a fabulous dinner party. You've been given a healthy budget, so don't scrimp!

Guest list - 8 people, dead or alive, real or ficticious.

The menu - will this be your very own masterchef moment, or is outsourcing more your style?

Is there a theme? What will be the entertainment for the evening? What will you wear? What will you talk about? Don't forget the wine!

Have fun planning, be as creative as you like. If you're creative, maybe even design the invitation. Make this an event not to be missed!


Although I haven't participated in all the Blog This challenges so far this one caught my attention.

I would love to throw a lavish Dinner Party and invite knowledgeable and exotic guests.... But that's not my scene.... So here is me.

Guest List:
1. Stephen King - the author. I adore his books and would love to know where he gets his inspiration form.
2. Mark Skaife - I'm an avid V8 Supercar fan, and Skaifey has always been one I've watched.
3. Tom Hanks - I think he is an amazing actor - simple as that.
4. Patrick Dempsey - he's just a cutie...

Notice a theme?? All guys so far.... maybe I should balance it out a bit.....???

5. Katherine Heigl - I love her work.
6. Jodi Picoult - I have quite a number of her books and I love reading and re-reading them.
7. My mother in law - because she is just such a lovely person!
8. My sister in law - who lives in the UK, because I haven't seen her in 5 years..... :-(


What would I serve?
A starter?
Something light? Some nibbles. I have BOOKS full of little cocktail nibbles, so I'm sure I'd find some inspiration there. I was thinking mini-spring rolls, but I think that would be too much of a difference from the main dish to come....

For mains?
I'm thinking either a chicken dish..... Stuff chicken breasts wrapped in bacon maybe? With some vegetables on the side.
OR
Do I go a pasta dish? Some homemade ravioli? I have a delicious recipe that has salami in the middle (amongst other things).

Dessert?
Something chocolately.... I have no idea what.... But chocolate is always good.

What will be the entertainment for the evening?
What will you talk about?
I put these two questions to answer them as one as I think the entertainment would be the guests themselves and the stories they could tell.

What will you wear?
I would have to buy a little black dress especially for the night. Team it with my matching silver earrings and necklace that I just adore.

Don't forget the wine!

Oh can't forget the wine! I'm in LOVE with Muscato by Brown Brothers. So plenty of bottles of that please!

And as for the idea of designing an invitation.... I'm better with real cards and embelishments than I am on the computer..... So we might leave that one...... I'm sure other artistic people will have a field-day! :-)

Find Blog This here

1 comment: