Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Man (and Woman's) Best Friend

Another picture from the e-mail my sister-in-law sent me. I thought it was beautiful.



I have had a little shadow following me this week. Mum and Dad have been overseas for 3 weeks so far, and I picked up my shadow last Friday from my brother.... She's a 12 year old long haired chihuahua named Gromit. My brother was minding her for my parents but I thought I should do my part for the last week before they get home - and I like having her around - she's more 'friendly' than the cats are.

She doesn't get along very well with the cats.... but they seem to have reached an arrangement where they can now all be in the same room without playing noisy chasies.



She won't leave my side for a minute - has to follow me absolutely everywhere - including to the loo......... amazingly like a small child! There are certain phrases that she understands (or at least appears to), like "biscuit", "tea time", "walk" and "want to go outside?" and she's excited to see me when I come home - was completely ecstatic this evening as I'd been at work all day.

The house will be quiet when she goes back home on Saturday - no more trips outside, no more puddles or surprises on the carpet - so there are the things I won't miss........

But there'll be no more of these snuggles on the couch while I'm reading either - but I think Mum will want her back - so I can't keep her.

No comments:

Post a Comment