Monday, April 6, 2009

Painting, Drag Racing and Life......

Well my nephews room is nearly painted - I'm heading back this morning to add the last coat of yellow! Then my work is done! I won't be putting the wall frieze up because I have NO idea how to do that..............

Hubby took the car out to the drags on Saturday - the last meet of the season. I had to work so wasn't able to go out for the full day - but I went out when my work closed for lunch (we have a two hour break on Saturday's) and then went back out after work.

Hubby ran a Personal Best of 11.4 - the NOS is working properly now (YAY!!) But the downside is now the transmission is stuffed (well for Drag racing it's stuffed, for normal street driving it would survive at least a bit longer) - so that means a new gearbox needs to be ordered and put in the car. But considering the box that's in there has been in it for the last 5 years - and has put up with a fair amount of punishment - it's not too bad.

Today my parents leave for a holiday in the UK - they're off to visit my brother and my sister-in-law/penpal and their granddaughter (my neice). It's been about 2 years since they went over (I think....) so they're very excited..... very very very excited..... and that's probably still an understatement.

Anyway I best get moving if I'm going to do anything I want to do today - last week was a write-off for doing anything 'household-like' - I will openly admit I didn't even get a chance to vacuum............ and that is bad for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment