Friday, April 24, 2009

I Love....

Rivers!!!!

No, not the long watery things. But the clothing store!

Here in my neck of the woods we have only a clearance store - our nearest 'Concept' Store is a 2 hour drive (short drive for some I know, but at the other end of the state for me).

I LOVE their clothes! It's so nice to buy something where the quality is brilliant - you can wear, wash and it's still as good as new! I don't think I could justify shopping at their normal store with the wage I earn, but the clearance store prices are good - sometimes very very good! (I love their $10 t-shirts)

I vary where I shop, because sometimes I've been after something specific and Rivers doesn't have what I want - like when I wanted a plain white shirt - imagine no plain white shirts in a store!!!???.... So I do shop at K-mart and Best&Less.... But you notice the difference in quality - like the pair of black work pants I bought the other week from K-mart and the front button fell off after the first wash (like is seemingly normal for their clothing).

So today I went in to Rivers to get a coat - saw the sale ad on TV last night and went - "I need a new coat". Let me re-phrase that - "I need a coat." I have one 'coat' in my cupboard, if you can call it a coat - it's an 'housecoat/long cardigan' - which is about 7 years old. Although it was nice to begin with - and the picture in the magazine was nice with the lady lounging on the couch.... once I got it, wore it, washed it many times (like you have to when you've got two mucky kids) - it was just never the same - the fabric pills and it's not 'coat like' - so if it rains you get wet and cold - so I need a coat.

So off I toddle this morning to Rivers to pick up the coat - I came back with said coat, plus a new pair of pants, a top and two windcheater/hoodies....... oops....... But I must admit that when I put the new wincheaters in the cupboard I did take out some older ones to send elsewhere (there is one that is about 13 years old and never gets worn, it just takes up the space to make it look like I have lots of clothes)

Now I'll wait until hubby gets home - and I'll try to pass the clothes off as 'Oh these are AGES old, I just haven't worn them for a while'..... Doubt it will work, but I can try.

No comments:

Post a Comment