Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Now I've Stained!!

Yes it is something to be excited about. I've stained something - in a good way.

Our on-going kitchen reno took another step this morning.

I decided I was going to try my hand at staining our cupboards - the ones I've sanded back and hubby re-plyed the fronts of. During the course of our reno's I have plastered (well filled holes and cracks), painted, varnished, done enough sanding to create a saw mill pile... So staining is new and exciting.

The first section has come up beautifully if I do say so myself. I now have to wait 2 hours (or so) for them to dry and I'll put the handles back on them - until I varnish them. But I won't be varnishing until I've finished sanding back the rest (I have 4 more drawers that need stripping and sanding).



The stain is Jarrah - it matches in with the blackwood benchtops that we have so well! Can't wait for it all to be finished!!!

The one downside - must remember to wear gloves next time.... I have a few fingers that are a funny colour now.... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment