Tuesday, July 14, 2009

And I'm Back....

I really hadn't gone that far away..... I usually only work 1 day a week - but last week ended up working 3 days - two different jobs.... and the week just vanished.

This week is a bit quieter. So I've been catching up on the neglected housework - and also spending a bit of time in the very neglected garden.

The amount of rain that we had on the weekend has made it a lot easier to pull the weeds out - but there are just so many of the darn things!

I also had to re-plant my cauliflower and broccoli plants - they were planted in the wheelbarrow as the vegie garden is an overgrown nightmare.... But the wheelbarrow ended up looking more like a swimming pool - and I don't think the plants were swimming really well. So now they're in the garden - it may not be the vegie garden, but at least they're in a garden.


Speaking of swimming - Alexander had two weeks of swimming lessons with the school. He's been in a pool since the age of about 3 months - but CAN NOT SWIM - that is a WHOLE other gripe that I won't bring up here.

I started teaching him last summer - and we made progress! But in the two weeks of 1 hour lessons a day Alexander can now swim 8 metres! I am so proud!! So more swimming will be on the cards for this summer (and hopefully someone else will try to teach him to swim too - not just to splash around).


Tax time is upon us again - and people are deciding what to spend their refunds on (if they are lucky enough to get a refund). This year I decided that part of my refund would be going on a new couch!!!

Hubby had one when I moved it - it was (and still is) rather brown and worn - it's supposed to be brown, but I think there is a lot of brown dirt there too. I brought two couches with me - but they didn't suit hubby has he is a lot taller than me - and they weren't comfortable for him - so they went to my brother.... and then to my parents..... and now I'm not sure where they are....

Then we took my brother in laws old leather lounge - which was worn and cracked in a few places, and the cats LOVED to scratch! Darn creatures have got 3 scratching posts but are never satisfied to scratch them!

So two 3 person couches, plus two arm chairs in our smallish lounge/dining room has been cramped.... And if the kids bring anything in, or the clothes airers are up there is no room to swing a cat (not literally people - I wouldn't swing my furbabies!).

So a new modular 5 seater couch has been ordered - and should arrive in 5 more weeks! Along with the new tv unit as we have to move furniture around to fit the new couch in! And get rid of both old lounge suits!

This is what our loungeroom looks like now (sorry about the dodgy paintbrush pic)


And this is what it will be like with the new couch! So much more space! We can pull the dining table away from the wall and from the bookcase - so hubby can sit properly instead of being squished!

No comments:

Post a Comment