Monday, March 23, 2009

Where did the week go?

I looked at my blog today and went - OMG it's been a week since I've written anything! What did I do this week??

Monday - Got the kids ready for school, and then helped out in son's class until recess - we were glazing the clay apples that they had made. Went to see kids dad and get back home readers that were forgotten. Went home - returned a phonecall to my boss - who told me that work starts on Wednesday, although not a full day for the first day. Then I went grocery shopping - took the hubby with me because he was home due to the rain. Came home and unpacked groceries while talking to my mother (who had phoned while we were out).
Sat down for a second and hubby says 'We should buy a new chest of drawers for daughter' - hers had fallen apart....again..... They're only a few years old, but made out of chipboard and plywood - not the best thing for a rough 6 year old.
So out again to buy a chest of drawers, you buy in one place and then drive across town (a whole 15 minute drive) to pick up the package. Get home, drag the thing out of the car and then out of the box... a mammoth effort considering how well packed the thing was. Shove it into daughters room - go and pick up the kids from school.
Usual mad afterschool routine of reading home readers, getting dinner ready, showers and then bed. Before I crash on the couch and don't move (it's Desperate Housewives night!)

Tuesday - Same morning routine with kids getting to school. I go shopping then for some work pants and a shirt for me - because the ones I have at home - well them one of the pairs of pants attract every bit of fluff in a 5 mile radius and don't de-fluff easily and the other pair have been taken in, but are most uncomfortable having done so.... I always like buying new shirts...... so another one for the collection!
Then I head to the bookstore to buy some workbooks for son - to help with his handwriting and reading - we're working on digraphs. I found the teachers section (after asking because they hide it away.) and there was so much amazing stuff there.
I get home, and somehow manage to waste 4 hours on the computer........ ?????????
I pick up the kids from school and repeat yesterdays afternoon routine..... Tonight though was NCIS night!

Wednesday - Usual morning routine (again). But I then go to work! I have been back in the office since I left in June last year, but it's really just been to pick up things and do some photocopying. But my boss had left me a list of things that he needed done - and I got to it!
I left at 1pm to come home, check e-mails etc and fluff around until it was time to pick up the kids. And repeat every other afternoon! Nothing worth watching on TV tonight - Lost is on far too late for me.... Yes I do go to bed early.......

Thursday - Usual morning routine. But today is a home day - supposed to tidy and do household chores - you know the usual washing, vacuuming, dusting..... I managed to do 3 (or was it 4) loads of washing, vacuumed the floors, clean out the bird cage and the fish tank - but I had to go and buy another filter for the tank - because the filter, well the best way to describe it would be Ewwwwwww...... So in the afternoon I picked up the kids, and did the usual thing. Thursday night is Grey's Anatomy night - even hubby sits and watches it with me now! :-)

Friday - Usual morning routine - but not as chaotic as a usual Friday, because the kids are coming back rather than going to their dads - we had a birthday BBQ to go to on Saturday. I did parent help in daughters classroom this morning. Her teacher has offered me a wonderful opportunity - that both benefits her and me. She has said that I am quite welcome to go in as often as I like (every day if I like) to help out - especially in the maths period - when more hands are needed and a teacher can only be in one place at one time. This would be great for getting my confidence back and then possibly doing some relief teachings.
After my last post about wanting to get back into teaching this made me actually look at the teacher registration forms - something I didn't even do when I graduated!!
I go home, manage to achieve not much, before going back and picking up the kids later on.
At home it's more of a rushed afternoon, we have dinner earlier because I have to head off to work at about 6pm, I like us to eat together as a family. I go to work, get home, we read stories before the kids go to bed.

Saturday - My sister-in-law to be's 21st birthday (isn't that just a mouthful). We veg around all morning, before heading off to my parents for the birthday BBQ. Lots of family time and organising who's doing what while my parents are in the UK (they leave in 2 weeks). We get home around dinner time, I chuck some pizzas in the oven and the kids only have a piece each!! Very unusual for them! Daughter complains of a tummy ache -so we prepare the bedroom (take all the stuffed toys of her bed) "just in case".... They sit up late(ish) watching a movie on TV - and promise to sleep in in the morning....

Sunday - Sleep ing??? Nope didn't happen..... So they were tired and crabby. In a mad rush I got the kids ready to go back to their dads - realised at the last minute that we'd forgotten lunchboxes and drink bottles and library books. But they were ready by the time he arrived. I then spent the remainder of the morning tidying their bedrooms before heading to work...
I have to say that work dragged for the first 2 hours - I looked at my watch every 10 minutes thinking at least 30 minutes had to have passed, but it was not to be. The final hour passed in such a mad rush though!! Dinner at my lovely mother in laws - her oven decided to break - and she only found out about an hour before dinner, when she found that the lamb was still a pretty pink and not smelling like it was cooking..... So take out for dinner. And hubby brought the roast home to be cooked in our oven.
The rest of my evening was spent finishing tidying the kids rooms and talking to hubby about his idea of starting his own business (of which I am 110% behind) before again heading to bed....

Which brings us to today and now..... This week won't be as busy as last week (I don't think).

No comments:

Post a Comment