Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Goal Setting

This is something I used to do all the time. That and making lists - lots of lists.

I've been through and used the Flylady technique to keep my house tidy - gave that one up as a bad joke after a few weeks. ButI still have my Flylady list - will use it on occasions where I want to spring clean.

Then I used the 'Smiley Face' list. You write a list of 7 things you want to achieve in the day. It can be very simple things like 'Do the dishes', or 'Hang out the washing'. And each time you complete a task, you draw yourself a smiley face. A simple reward. But for me it was a simple reward that ended up unappealing - and how many times did I manage to achieve all 7 things in a day? Not that many.

These days I just do what needs to be done to keep the house reasonably tidy. My biggest problem? Me...... I have a very bad habit of putting things down and then walking away.... coming back a week later to clean up. Half my couch is taken up by my stuff - but it WAS clean a week and a half ago - the stuff just all came back.

I think today I'm going to make an effort (a real one this time). To clean my stuff up - so my poor husband doesn't come home and wonder 'Where am I going to sit?' I won't set goals - I'll just say 'Tidy'.....

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment