Friday, March 27, 2009

To start, but not to finish...

I am an avid knitter and cross-stitcher.

I've been cross-stitching for about 15 years. And knitting (seriously) for about 3 years - before then I could knit scarves - that was the extent of my knowledge.

I have so many things on the go, I buy new wool, or a new cross-stitch kit and start something, before putting it down to continue something else......... It took me 7 years to complete a sampler cross-stitch, because I did other things in between.

I've made a list now of what I have started and what remains sealed in their packets, or balls of wool purchases for projects that I haven't touched (yet).

I have 4 different knitting projects that I have started and are on needles or stitch holders.
* A rug for our daughter that is made of 90 squares (her birthday present)
* A black cardigan for myself
* A pink jumper for myself (started 2 years ago, undone and restarted in a different style)
* A fluffy hot water bottle cover for my mother....

Then there is the wool for 5 other projects.... plus lots of other assorted wool.......

There are 8 different cross-stitch projects that I have started..... The oldest one having been started about 5 years ago.
Along with these 8 are 14 kits, still sealed in their packets waiting to be done (10 of the 14 are Tatty Teddies)

I DO finish projects. I have done knitted presents for friends, cross-stitches as presents for my dad. I've just finished a shrug for our daughter to wear at her Auntie's wedding in May - in case it's cold.

I just need to finish some of the older projects before picking up some new ones......

No comments:

Post a Comment