Monday, March 2, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! I thought it was about time I started - most other people in the world seem to have one or more of their own spaces - so this is mine.

So why TurnipRacing??

It's a play on the family surname - and my husband is into drag racing - therefore 'Turnip Racing.' We both own Toranas - hubby's is a street legal drag car (12 second 1/4 mile) and mine is a stock standard SLR, but it's all mine!

Anyway we have two kids, two cats, a neurotic bird, some goldfish and a catfish....

I have two casual jobs - both of which give me great flexibility to spend time with my kids, both at home and while they are at school - I love being parent help!


I did use to have three jobs - but that was reduced to the above two as of today - after much kicking and fussing from my now ex-employer. I have never known someone to get so narky about someone quitting a casual job - I'll probably vent a lot more about that later.


My hobbies - apart from spending far too much time on the computer?? I scrapbook, make cards, cross-stitch and knit. So expect a few photos!!

Well that's enough for now... I'll be back later with more.

No comments:

Post a Comment