Thursday, May 7, 2009

Where Does It Come From?

Today I have had a massive focus on cleaning up my Uni stuff.....

A bit of background for you. I did a Bachelor of Education I majored in Primary Education (as opposed to Early Childhood Education). I started my degree in 1998..... had two kids while doing the degree, so deferred a few subjects, but finally graduated in 2004 - 7 years after having started - YAY!!!

With Education comes practical times in schools - in total I did time in 6 different schools over the years - I had a different variety of teachers who helped me - some were amazing and couldn't help enough!

But all the time in schools brings all the paperwork - lesson plans, behaviour management plans, time management plans and my own reflections..... Some of the paperwork has gone over the years - certain plans change from school to school - even week to week in some cases! But I have kept nearly every lesson plan that I have ever done, or planned to do....

Then there are all the lesson plans that were done as assignment work - and we got to share plans with other people in the class...... Over 100 people in my original graduating year!!!! So many plans, so much paperwork!

It's all been filed away in folders - taking up space first on the bookcase, and then in the cupboard. I decided a while ago that it needed to go.... But I couldn't throw away 7 years work!!! I couldn't bring myself to do it - even though I swore I would never step foot to teach in a classroom again.

So I started retyping lesson plans, typing out all the lesson plans people had shared in class, photocopies of sheets all the lovely teachers had given me..... Can you imagine how long that would take??? Forever and a fricken day!

But the other month I bought a new printer - that is also a scanner and photocopier in one! Woohoo! So I have spent today scanning endlessly! I think I still have 2 huge folders in the cupboards jammed with paperwork, but I've got through a fair bit today.

So after nearly 5 years of saying 'I'm going to do it' - I am doing it! It will all be gone and on CD soon...... (or possibly 2 or 3 CD's).....

But that's 7 years of my life I couldn't just throw away.......

No comments:

Post a Comment