Sunday, May 17, 2009

Another Week

And no posts from me........ It's amazing how difficult it can be to have 5 minutes to blog.

It's been such a up and down week. So I'll start at the beginning.....

Mother's Day was lovely - eggs, bacon and bagels for breakfast - yummo! I got some lovely pink and black fluffy slippers and some Lindt chocolates - some white centred, milk chocolate covered limited edition, very yummy ones.

That evening was not the best - I have anxiety which flares up on occasion - and it reared it's head that Sunday night. So not the best thing to happen - but each time I do get better in handling it and the road to recovery is shorter each time - such a blessing I tell you!

But it still meant that I spent Monday and Tuesday in kind of a funky way - I had no parent help on Monday so I just veged here at home with hubby - who has been on holidays, and Tuesday I was planning on doing parent help for the day, but the NAPLAN testing was going on in the 3/4 class, so I couldn't help out.

Wednesday was a work day.... just another day there - but with an added bonus of a new photocopier!!! Yes I'm excited about a new copier - sad hey? But after manually putting in pages for double siding for 5 years I no longer have to - I can just feed them all in!! Woohoo!

Thursday we did a bit around the house - another tip run and some cleaning and tidying.

Friday was Cross Country day at school - I'd told both kids I'd watch them run - only to find that there was 2 hours between them running.... and that it started after recess. So I planned to do parent help in Alex's class and then help out where I could for the Cross Country.

That was until Alex's teacher, Jamie, showed me his dislocated finger - OUCH!!!!

That was when I decided I would go to Olivia's assembly.... Why? Not because scary, out of place fingers hurt, but because that meant Alex's class had a relief teacher - and while I LOVE Alex's class, relief teachers seem to bring out the worst in them.

As it turns out the class ended up with the AST for 5/6 and then later the AST for 3/4 - so they behaved for them (I know cause I went back to see if Jamie was back yet - and ended up staying in the class).

The Cross Country itself was good - long and drawn out - but good. Olivia came 3rd out of the Grade 1 girls! Go girl!!! Alex had problems and came last out of the Grade 3 boys - which resulted in lots of tears.

I think the tears were the build up after such a difficult week for Alex - with the NAPLAN testing, plus me harping on about home readers, and then they had extra maths homework (multiplication and division) - which is unusual for them.... and on top of everything else I think it just got all too much for him.

Anyway, had a good weekend - a good day with the car club today - have photos but will do another post - hopefully tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment