Thursday, January 21, 2010

Kite Flying!


Today has been almost perfect weather for kite flying - a little bit cloudy, so it's not too hot, and breezy to help the kites fly.

Olivia got her kite for her birthday - but we haven't had a chance to take it to be flown yet - so that was today's mission - try to get her kite to fly.

The Dora kite flew quite well - Olivia got the hang of it very quickly - and soon there was no more string left on the winder!

Olivia flying her kite

No more string on the winder!

Alexander with the kite.

The Elmo kite we took for Alex to play with spent more time on the ground than in the air.... it's obviously not designed for high flying like the Dora kite.... But when the wind blew that bit harder he did go up in the air - but he just came back down again.

Elmo valiantly trying to stay in the air....

Where Elmo spent most of his time though.

The jam from yesterday? I must have let it boil an bit too long - it's kinda hard..... but it's OK, you don't need a chainsaw to cut it. But it tastes YUMMY! We made some scones for afternoon tea to have with our jam!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Crystal and family!

    Just passing through.
    It`s great fun flying kites but sadly not many families do it anymore.

    When I see any flying on the common, I am drawn towards it to see who is the kitey person. They are free spirits.

    I take my grandsons often to fly kites whenever I have the time and the weather is clement. I took the 5 year old to Margate International Kite festival last year and he was completely mezmirised at the site. I posted some film of it on my site at DizzyKites.com

    Keep flying the kites and get others to take it up too. Bring some happiness back to kiddies lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gem!

    I haven't flown a kite since I was a child - and our backyard wasn't all that kite friendly, so I was glad to be able to get out and do this with the kids!

    thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete